More carriers than ever are flying to the award-winning Abu Dhabi International Airport. With flights arriving from destinations all around the world frequently, planning a trip with one of Abu Dhabi’s airlines is easy.
Many airlines fly into Abu Dhabi each week including the UAE’s national carriers Etihad airways and Wizz air. See a full list of which airlines fly from Abu Dhabi.
With more than 50 airlines flying to and from some 102 destinations in over 56 countries, Abu Dhabi international airport has been recognized by the world airport awards more than once, with the ‘best airport in the middle east’ accolade going to this airport several times.
The home of Etihad airways – the national airline of the United Arab Emirates – terminal 3 welcomes travelers to plush Etihad lounges and an award-winning concierge-style check-in. Impressive retail is managed by DFS, the world’s largest luxury retailer, and is complemented by upmarket restaurants and cafés.
Wizz air is Abu Dhabi’s low-cost airline providing an affordable gateway for travelers to the UAE’s capital. The airline’s network of destinations stretches across the middle east, Asia, and Europe.
Dubai international (DXB) is our home hub. Your emirates’ flight will arrive at and depart from gates a, b or c at our own emirates terminal 3. It’s easy to transfer between the terminals by bus, train or on foot. And there’s lots to do while you’re there, from boutique shopping and delicious dining to sleep pods and relaxing spa treatments. If you’re staying in Dubai you’ll find easy transport links from the airport, including hotel shuttles, taxis, and the Dubai metro.
Emirates operates coach services for economy class and premium economy passengers holding a flight ticket and travelling from Dubai to Abu Dhabi and from Dubai to Al Ain.
Pickup and Drop‑off points:-
Drop‑off: Terminal 3, Departure Level, Check‑in area ‑ C.
Pick up: Arrivals Level, last lane opposite Exit 3.
Pick up: In front of Emirates Down Town office ‑ Khalidiya ‑ Corniche.
Terms and conditions for using Shuttle Service
The bus service is operated by a third-party service provider, who bears full responsibility for the complete bus journey in terms of insurance and liability.
The bus service is only applicable to Economy Class and Premium Economy passengers booked on an Emirates flight into/out of Dubai, and arriving from or departing with that Emirates flight.
Passengers must hold a valid flight ticket to board the bus.
Emirates is not in a position to accept passengers that do not have a prior booking made and/or do not have a relevant flight ticket due to limited capacity.
The bus service must be booked at least 48 hours in advance. Requests received after this time will not be guaranteed.
The minimum connecting time required is 2 hours for inbound and outbound passengers.
Normal Emirates baggage allowance applies.
Passengers must hold an Emirates issued ticket, where the ticket number starts with 176. Tickets issued by other airlines are not eligible.
When buying your flight ticket on emirates.com, make sure to specify Abu Dhabi or Al Ain as the departure or arrival city to ensure that your booking on the bus is included on your flight ticket.
When buying a flight ticket through an Emirates office or travel agent, you should request the agent to include the Abu Dhabi or Al Ain bus on your ticket before issuing your ticket.
Tickets issued without the bus service will need to be amended by the issuing agent. No charges will apply for later adding only the bus service to the ticket, where the flights remain unchanged. Any changes to the flights linked to the bus service will result in change fees and fare differences being applicable as per the fare conditions of your ticket.
Please click on the link for Pick Up Schedule: Dubai – Abu Dhabi – Dubai.
Before you travel it is worth understanding the visit visa regulations of Abu Dhabi. Visas are available free of charge from citizens of most countries, however, you can find out more information about visas for peace of mind.
Before you apply for a visa to enter the United Arabs Emirates, please be sure to learn about the requirements and documents that you will need for the application. There are different requirements for visas according to one’s citizenship given the three below categories:
- Citizenships which do not require a visa
- Citizenships which are eligible for a visa on arrival
- Citizenships which require a visa prior to arrival
Visit the UAE’s ministry of foreign affairs (click here) website for more information about which category your citizenship lies within.
If you require a visa prior to your arrival, you can apply through:
Etihad airways who provide tourist visas valid for 30 days with a fee of approximately 150 USD (more information here)
Emirates airways (more information here)
In order to obtain a visa letter to assist with your visa application so that you can attend IEEE ICIP 2024, you must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- It is IEEE policy to only issue Visa Letter to Speakers, Authors, Committee Members, and Attendees who are paid in FULL.
- IEEE Signal Processing Society can only issue the Visa Letter for the conference. No other kind of documentation will be provided for use of visa applications.
- Please allow 3-5 business days for processing.
- Request for a hard copy visa letter will be subject to an additional fee to cover the cost of courier delivery, and will be added to your conference registration fee.
We strongly advise participants to personally check entry and visa requirements before making travel arrangements at least 3 months ahead of time, as there might be country-specific conditions that you are not aware of. For more accurate information please contact the embassy/consulate of the country where the conference will be held, in your home country.
- IEEE Signal Processing Society will NOT issue any Letter of Sponsorship or Letter of Guarantee if you are required to do so by the immigration department. It is the participants’ sole responsibility to obtain such documents.
- IEEE Signal Processing Society will not refund anyone for cancellations due to visa rejections or participant’s inability to enter the country.
- IEEE Signal Processing Society cannot change the decision of the any country’s embassy/consulate or any other government departments, nor will IEEE Signal Processing Society appeal to the embassy/consulate on behalf of the applicant.
- All questions/concerns regarding the status of your visa should be directed to the embassy/consulate of the country where the conference will be held, in your home country.
- In no event will IEEE Signal Processing Society be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the information provided on this page.